1. Which one of the following answers is most accurate about the cabling of a typical modern Ethernet Lan?
Connect each device to a centralized LAN switch using UTP cabling
2. What of the following is true about the cabling of a 10BASE2 Ethernet LAN?
Connect each device in series using coax
3. Which of the following is true about Ethernet crossover cables?
Pins 1 and 2 on one end of the cable connect to pin 3 and 6 on the other end.
4. Each answer lists two types of devices used in 100BASE-TX network. If these devices were connected with UTP Ethernet cables, which pairs of devices would require a straight-through cable?
- PC to switch
- Router and Hub
- Wireless Access point to switch
5. Which of the following is true about CSMA/CD algorithm?
Collisions can happen but the algorithm defines how the computers should notice a collision and how to recover.
6. Which of the following is a collision domain?
All Devices connected to a hub
7. Which of the following describes a shortcoming of using hubs that is improved by instead using switches?
Hubs create a single electrical bus to which all devices connect causing the devices to share bandwidth
Hubs allow collisions to occur when 2 devices send data at the same time.
8. Which of the following terms describe Ethernet Addresses that can be used to communicate with more than one device at a time?
Unicast and Multicast
9. Which of the following is one of the functions of OSI Layer 2 Protocols?
10. Which of the following are true about the format of Ethernet Addresses?
- Each Manufactures put a unique code into the first 3 bytes of a address
- Each manufactures puts a unique code into the first half of a address.
- This is called a OUI
11. Which of the following is true about Ethernet FCS field?
IT resides in the Ethernet trailer, not the Ethernet header